Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Here we go again!

HI!

Sorry it's been a bit. The book deadline is looming, and while the pages keep coming, they're not coming as fast as I would like. Fortunately I haven't gone down too many dead ends with this one. I think I'd lose it completely if I did. Anyway, I've been locking myself in the office for hours at a stretch to make page production. Since writing the blog and posting to sites doesn't get pages out it's mainly gone by the wayside.

The RT conference is coming up in Daytona. Have to get things done before I go. I'm looking forward to seeing people, but weirdly, I'm not looking forward to the trip. I have so many things to do, I hate to take a week and a half off. Which probably means that I NEED to take a week and a half off. The body is not happy with me right now. I pushed it right to the edge of the abyss before I left the law office. The rest of the world can do that sort of thing and be okay after a couple days of rest. I need weeks, sometimes even months. Just the difference between people. So, if I handle the trip right I may actually come back in better shape. Keep your fingers crossed!

The dog is at 40 pounds. She is due to get spayed in June or July. We've had people approach us about breeding her, but I'm not going to. There are so many stray puppies and kittens where I'm at. Hell, she was a stray that nobody claimed. No, I won't add to the puppy population. Thus far the back fence is holding, which is good. The housebreaking is pretty much a go except when she is sick or there's a huge thunderstorm. Baby just doesn't like thunder and lightning. She can do a standing jump as high as my chest, and a running jump as high as my shoulders. She is very strong, very smart, beautiful, and very, very protective of me.

The cats are doing well. I'm happy about that. I got one of the multi-picture frames for me and another for James and took pics of all the animals to put in the frames.

Well, my break is over. Back to the book. Kate just got out of the first major fight scene and the police aftermath. She's extremely vulnerable and emotional. Not the easiest scene for me to write, but essential for the love story/romantic arc.

Hope all is well with you. Oh, and I'm thinking about the Vampire Lestat Ball again. New Orleans is rebuilding, and they're having the ball. I'm thinking it would be good to support that, but we'll see how I'm doing.

Later all -- be happy.

Cie

6 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Cie!

Anonymous said...

Sounds all very cool Cie. On a side note, I think I want to try to get to R.T. next year for a few days to say "hi" to all of you I know who will be there, that would be cool. I know a few people who are going this year. Do you know where it will be next year? Is it over a week long? If so, why is it so long? (as most conventions seem to last no longer than 4 days)
Jimbo

C. T. Adams said...

Hi Yo!

Jim, That would be so cool!

Don't know where it will be next year, but I'll find out for you. I think officially it runs about 4-5 days, but we're going to be taking a little longer because of travel time and expense (cheaper if we stayed an extra day). :)

Shawn said...

Have a blast at RT!

C. T. Adams said...

Thanks Shawn! I sure hope to. Will you be there? If so, I'd like to meet up with you, maybe buy you a drink...

Cie

Anonymous said...

Keep me posted for next year Cie. Hope you had a blast (you are probably there right now).
Jim