Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Writing, Allergies, RAIN FINALLY, and anything else I can think of.

Book is progressing. If I don't stay too long writing this I may be able to get a few pages done tonight. I actually know where I want it to go, and it's seeming to come together. But it's going slower than I'd like---mainly because I need to get to the next project but can't get this one out of my head.

I have allergies. All kinds really, but mostly to chemicals. It can trigger asthma (irritant induced asthma is what they call it) or contact dermatitis, or whatever. Basically the contact dermatitis (which may not be spelled correctly) in my case means that my skin breaks out into nasty blisters that crack and bleed and then peel (the blistering is quick. The breaking, cracking, bleeding and peeling can take long, miserable days). The wrong toilet paper can give me days of "adult diaper rash." Thus, I am somewhat fanatical about staying loyally with the products that actually work for me. New and Improved are words I dread.

The skin stuff I have used on my face for years is no longer being made. I have bought up (and had given to me as gifts) all of the supply we can find on E-Bay. It is now, gone.

ARGH!!!

So I bought some new stuff to try out. It has not made the inside of my elbows break out overnight. It has not made the other delicate skin I've tried it on break out. Tonight we will try it on a small patch of my face and hope that I don't react to it.

One interesting thing that I wasn't expecting. When I put it on my test patches last night it glittered. Seriously. Gold glitter effect. Pretty, but somewhat startling to say the least. I felt like Edward Cullen, or actually one of his female relatives (but I don't remember their names right now---ESME maybe?). I think I'll only be using this at night even if it doesn't make me break out. I'm not sure what the good conservative folks here would think of a woman wandering around town SPARKLING. On the other hand, it might be fun to find out. (wicked grin).

WE GOT RAIN LAST NIGHT!!!!! An inch even. WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT! We need more. Quite a lot more. But WE GOT RAIN.

Okay, off to write. Wish me good luck.

Cie

1 comment:

Tammy S said...

I have the same problem with some chemicals, I can use only 2 things to help heal the itchies it causes. Cortizone 10 - with aloe cream style - if you can't find the style with aloe just get the regular but it HAS to be cream the ointment won't do the job as well. The other item - ALOE - from a plant NOT from the store. The problem is I've killed a few aloe plants so I now stick wiht just the C-10 as I call it.

Good luck!