Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday

OK, I tried to post yesterday and life intervened. So I put what little I did get done.

Time is moving way WAY WAY too fast for me right now. I can't keep up with everything. The day job is utterly insane and exhausting to the point where I'm stressed out of my gourd and having health problems. My goal has been to switch to part-time in August, but I may not make it that long. I am not willing to commit financial suicide, but I am also not willing to completely ruin my health either. Life is more of a balancing act than I am capable of pulling off gracefully.

New book is going well. Slower than I would like (actually time is going FASTER)but it is coming along. The draft that Cathy is working on is coming along well too. So, hopefully by the end of the month we'll have two finished first drafts before we dive into the books for contract. The goal is to get AHEAD of the game instead of constantly being scurrying behind.

We have conferences coming up, which is good. We got the cover for the next book. We suggested some changes. We'll see how it turns out. Frankly, we don't get official input into the covers at this point (most authors don't which is why you'll see a blonde on the cover of a book with a dark-haired hero). I am still desperately trying to acquire a copy of the original print run of "Castles in the Air" it has become notorious because it was the cover with the three-armed woman. Don't know a thing about the book, but I want that cover!

I look back at the past couple years and I just have to stare in wonder. It just amazes me how much I've learned, and how far we've come. WOW. One of my life goals was to be a "multi-published author of book length fiction." I AM. Seriously, how cool is that?! As I sit here we have out: Road to Riches (the Western from Western Reflections); Hunter's Moon (Sazi); Moon's Web (Sazi); Short stories in The Abyss (Dark romance anthology -- Ian); Secrets (Mystery anthology) and coming in Secrets II; Touch of Evil (new vampire book) is out next month; Captive Moon (Sazi/not Tony's perspective) coming in August; Howling Moon (Sazi/I hate the title, but couldn't come up with anything better) coming in January of '07); and at least more are currently planned for '07 but not detailed out yet. That's a lot of books. That's an actual CAREER. Whoo hoo! It's work. It's hard. But damn, it's also fun!

Well, I have a lot to do today, and writing is high on the list. So I'm going to sign out.

If I don't pop by as much as I should, I apologize. I'm REALLY hoping things will slow down -- but I don't honestly EXPECT them to until I switch to part time. I only have so much energy, and there are only so many hours in the day. Still, I do hope you'll keep coming by. I'd miss you if you were gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cie! That is an impressive list of literary accomplishments. Even though I know it's alot of work to maintain that, and can be taxing on your health, I am really happy for you. You'll have your own library full soon! :)

btw, I learned that my first novel will be released by Samhain this fall. Yay!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

HEY CIE! How you going? Good to read another post.

Take care of yourself!

:)