Saturday, December 24, 2016

It's a Mystery

Hi Guys.

Okay, here's the thing.

I have always loved reading mysteries.

So I wrote one for my mother for her birthday.  It was a novella.

And writing it was like falling off of a log.  No worldbuilding.  Regular reality, just add a dead body.

Holy crap.

So I'm working on the book for the contract, and it's going well enough. And I will do more if they want them because I do love the characters, and I do love paranormal.

But I'm going to do mystery novellas direct to Kindle for $.99 too.  Because I can.  And they're fun.  And I really hope people will buy them.

I figure to do one per quarter for the first three quarters of the year--and an omnibus for Christmas.

It will be secondary to the contracted novels.  And they will be novellas--around 30,000 words.

And another joy of the whole thing.  I HAVE LOTS OF THEM mostly finished that just need wrapped up, edited and polished.  WOOT.

And playing with Photoshop to do the covers has been fun too.

But today, for now, I am off and running, back to put Celia Graves in jeopardy and then make her fight her way out of it.  I am SO mean to my characters.

Cie

No comments: