Monday, June 06, 2005

STUFF

OK, things are getting... interesting. A (very large) group I belong to (which shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) is starting to put into place some exclusionary rules that smack strongly of censorship. It seems some folks are offended by the more erotic romances and feel they need to impose their views on others. I hate it. It has, however, given me the first section of a possible new murder mystery:

"Well I NEVER!"

"Which would explain why your so cranky." Melody muttered the words just loud enough for me to hear. I spewed Dr. Pepper across the table, out my nose, and damned near choked I was laughing so hard. Totally inappropriate, it offended the hell out of Ms. Holier-Than-Thou. She stormed off, nose so high in the air an eagle might nest on it. . . . (Not that I am a liberal and anti-censorship or anything...)


Moving on...

The Supreme Court has ruled against Medicinal Marijuana. UGH! OK guys, in my opinion, MEDICINAL drugs are... medicinal. It seems strange to me that if I am in serious pain I can get MAJOR addicting drugs from my physician, but I can't get pot, even if it has never been proved to be addicting and is just as effective and possibly less traumatic to my body.

No, I don't use pot. But I have a condition that frequently results in chronic pain. I have been doing significantly better for about a year now (knock wood). But if it recurs, I would like to at least have the option. But NOPE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is wild, it's amazing how many people you don't know have a say in what you can and can't do.
On a side note, glad Monday is over, ha!
Jimbo