Friday, June 30, 2006

Hola, que tal?

Hi guys!

Okay, I have a weird thing that is bugging me.

I have always wanted to be a writer. Ever since I can remember. So I'm living my dream and it is SOOOO cool. It really is. But something has happened that is bothering me. Some of my old friends and acquaintances are acting very, very weird nwo that we're starting to have some success. Some of it could be that time and distance have taken a toll, but it's like the success has triggered a breaking point for some of these folks. I don't get it. I'm still me. Still have health problems and worry about the kid, the cats and the bills. Still can't quite stay on top of everything I need to do. Still love horrible puns and the world's worst songs. (I like really good BAD songs. Think Tequila Sheila, Let's Do Something Cheap and Superficial, or Brad Paisley's Alcohol.) I want to stay friends with my friends. I don't want them to weird out. But what can I say? I can't MAKE them like me. But it hurts.

4 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Muy bien gracias!

I don't know what to tell you about this, Cie. People are just strange like that but don't let it get you down. They'll either come around, or they won't. And then you'll realise who the real friends are.

Just enjoy this wonderful career that you've got and always wanted. Besides, you've got Jim and me, and a multitude of other friends you've made along your journey.

I'm in a chipper mood tonight. Got another first draft finished yesterday. Yipeeeeee!

Haven't seen you at the ol' Y blog lately. Pop by - you too Jim! ;)

Monica Burns said...

I'm sorry that's happening to you Cie. But you know what? With friends like those, who needs enemies. Your real friends will stick beside you and be thrilled for your success.

I'm thrilled for both you and Cathy. So let it go and relish your success. You've worked hard to earn it. You're entitled.

Hugs

Shawn said...

Hey Cie. Sorry about the strangeness between you and you're friends. I know it has to hurt, but like you said, you can't make them you're friends. Hopefully as time goes on you'll meet people who can appreciate how hard you've worked to accomplish what you have. Hugs! Shawn

Anonymous said...

Cie,
I'm so sorry to hear all that. I don't know your friends, so I don't know what great advice to give you, but you know me, I always have to give advice when people want it, so my advice would be: to talk about things with them just the way you did before writing, maybe don't even bring up anything to do with the writing (if you are thinking they are having trouble with that), just talk about everything else, and if they bring it up, then fine. I would also plan things with them (if they live nearby) or write/email them as often as you can, because that way you will always know in your heart that you tried.
Best and good luck,
Jim