Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Contest, Contemplation, and stuff.

First, I want to see if anyone is paying attention. 

SO, a contest.  If you read this, comment (and send a return e-mail address sent to cieadams@yahoo.com with COMMENT in the re).  Assuming I get more than one entry, I will randomly select somebody to get the first 4 Bloodsinger books on audio, e-mail you that you've won, and get a snail mail address to send them to.  Good Luck.

Second, something happened today that made me laugh.

When I was in 5th grade my mother was getting rid of a hat.  I took it.  It was a big, floppy tan felt hat with a brown vinyl/pleather band around the crown. (Yeah, I know, I should look up the right word, but I don't wanna, so there).  I sewed fake pearls every two inches along the band, and it became my "Hippie Hat."  I wore it everywhere.  They even took my picture for the newspaper in it.  (I believe my mother was mortified.  My friend was JEALOUS.)  At some point I wore it out, it fell apart, or became victim of a familial cleaning frenzy.  Either way, it disappeared before I made it to junior high.

TODAY HOWEVER I was looking at the Avon catalog.  Holy CRAPOLA BATMAN.  Page 104.  IT'S MY HAT.  Okay, it's got a ribbon around the band instead of pleather, but IT'S MY FREAKING HAT. 

Needless to say, I bought it.  I suspect my mother will be mortified.

6 comments:

Katherine Tildes said...

haha. awesome story.

Lynn Willerton said...

I used to wear an old floor length dress of my mother's. Loved it.

Lynn Willerton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy S said...

*grin* She probably will retaliate.

Regina said...

LOL Cool! Enjoy wearing it!

123 said...

red bottom shoes In accession to the absolute and actual admission to the appurtenances afore you buy, again you can aswell try to get the a lot of acceptable ancillary of Red Bottom Shoes the acceptable outlets. Therefore, women should pay absorption to the alternative of shoes, of advance you can buy retail, abounding bounded shops. However, we acerb to advance in a baby study, the a lot of able way, with red soles of shoes.Research on the Internet, acquisition a reliable supplier Forum, the advisers begin a different architecture that you want. The best allotment shoes with red bottom is that if you go to the transaction, you will be actual annoyed with the bulk adored d.