Thursday, July 28, 2005

HI GUYS!!! (WAVES VIGOROUSLY)

I've been on vacation this week. (As you know from previous posts). I have been plugging along on the new book. It's going well for the most part. Although, frankly, you occasionally get these setbacks. For example, I wrote a lovely scene a couple of months ago. Very intense. There is one of the seers who isn't sure the new attack victim can be trusted to keep her mouth shut, so she performs this rite that makes a blood oath that will cause the attack victim's death if she breaks the oath. Sound familiar? It should if you've read the latest Harry Potter. Yup, totally separately came up with the concept of the "Unbreakable Vow." But now that she's used it I can't, so I have to revise that whole section -- a section I'd completely forgotten about because I was so much further along in the book. Sigh.

Things like that happen all the time. Makes me wonder about that whole "collective unconscious" theory. But any way you slice it, the rewrite has to happen.

BUT even so, I think the first draft will be done by the time I go back to work on Monday. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! Yes, it will need work and polishing, but that's OK if we've got the plot lines down and the real sense of the book itself. At least I hope so. Crap but it's hard writing third person. And, of course, I'm back in the throes of "everything I write is crap, they're never going to accept this, woe is me." (Insecure? Moi? Surely you jest.)

James is doing OK. My health is OK. I'm actually RELAXED for the first time in ages. So, hey, good news all around.

Oh, and while I haven't been posting anywhere much because of writing deadlines, I have popped by a couple places. Mostly lurking because of time constraints.

Hope all is well with all of you too. Write if you can.

Cie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation! 5 days to the release date of "Moon's Web!" I can almost hear the corks on the champagne bottles poping now! Hello James! Hello Yolanda!

Jimbo

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Cie!

Good to see you're having a GREAT vacation! Man, I know exactly what you mean about the 'Unbreakable Vow' thing! That kinda thing happens all the time, damn! But hey, the latest Harry Potter was a wonderful book, don't you think?

Have a GREAT time and hope you get your first draft done! I'm hoping for mid-August for my latest first draft... I know! Another one? Gee, I really need to get stuck into those revisions...

Hey Jim!

See Ya...

Anonymous said...

Happy weekend all! I have a fun weekend planned as I am going to a horror convention tomorow (all day), should be a riot!
Jimbo

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Oh Jim! A horror convention? How COOL! You make sure you have FUN, FUN, FUN, okay?

Have a GREAT weekend Cie!

:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it should be a riot, I went last year, lots of celebrities, directors and etc., should be a blast again this year, have a great weekend!
Jim