Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Life/The Universe/And Everything

Hi guys!

Ok, I suppose you've all noticed that, um, I've been a bit... well, not my usual, sunny self. But today is better. Sort of. What follows is a minor rant. Really minor. But, a rant nonetheless. You tell me whether you agree.

NEW AND IMPROVED IS NOT MY FRIEND. GIVE ME OLD AND DEPENDABLE. SIMPLE.

Why?

WELL, I have really, really sensitive skin allergies.

I do not love: scented detergents, scented or dyed toilet paper, soaps, shampoos, etc.

And they don't warn you they're changing formulas -- so something you've been using for years suddenly POOF. ARGH.

Right now I have recovered from a MASSIVELY uncomfortable rash on most of my body. Except for my face. That's right folks, my FACE. Because they changed my laundry detergent, and I used a washcloth. Now it usually takes about 3 weeks before something like this clears up (if I'm lucky). So I MAY (or not) be clear before I give the freaking panel in front of HOW many people at RWA.

I never thought I was vain, but the idea of having hamburger face in front of an audience... it is not making me happy.

So, if I've been rude, or snarly, or snarky, blame it on the rash.

And give me OLD, DEPENDABLE, UNSCENTED, UNDYED, and generally unfooled-around-with. PLEASE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a drag, have you talked to an allergist or looked on-line for a new fragrance free brand of detergent to use? What a drag. I get instant skin reactions to cat hair, oy-a-vey, hope it clears up before your panel.
Jimbo

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Oh Cie, that's awful. So sorry you have to go through that... why do they change the formula when they feel like it?

That's unfair!

Hope the rash clears up soon for you...

Take Care,
Yolanda...

:)