Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Greetings from the planet BUSY

Hi guys!

Cie here. I've caught a cold. Those of you who know me know I don't GET colds. I go almost directly to bronchitis and pneumonia (do not pass go, spend at least $200.00). Now, I am trying DESPERATELY (see the all caps, I mean it) to take my vitamins, rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids and be CALM. (Stress just wipes out my immune system). I have to be clearheaded and healthy by the 17th when I fly out to DC for the interview and some actual (GASP) vacation. So everybody put in a good word for me to whichever diety you believe in.

The signing the other day was nice. Kind of quiet, but that's OK. We met a very nice man who was pushing his books. He'd brought his wife, who was charming, and much more ambitious than he.

Well, work awaits (as do the cold pills, OJ and sleep.)

Oh and VOTE if you get the chance. Here in the backyard of Texas there are some (at least to me) scarily conservative things that they're trying to push as constitutional amendments. I think that constitutions should be overarching documents that aren't tinkered with. Tinkering should be done with regular old laws by the legislators.

Then again, I'm one of those ****** liberal Yankee types.

Everybody have a great day.

Cie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Cie, being sick sucks. I know what you mean about wiped out immune system; I take RA meds that knocks mine on its ass. Take care of yourself, you need to be healthy for that much deserved VACATION. :)

Anonymous said...

Cie, get well soon! That's exciting about your vacation, very good, hope you have fun.
Jim

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

CIE! Hey!

Not happy to read that you're not feeling well! Make sure you take care and get better soon, okay? You've gotta be well for your vacation.

This week's been a little off for me too. Caught a nagging cough from my daughter that has my throat feeling like sandpaper! Ughhhhhhh...

Catcha later!

Anonymous said...

get well soon.

Oh and I saw the cover pic for touch of evil at work (rosemary's romance) and it looks fantastic, course I already have my copy preordered hehe

C. T. Adams said...

Thanks guys! I'm planning to rest and keep up the fluids and vitamins!

Cie

Shawn said...

Get well soon! And if you can try Cold-Eeze! My doctor recommended it and it actually worked! :D