Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Hi Guys!

Back from DC, tired but happy. Let's see...

I think the interview went well. I may have sounded like an idiot, but I gave it a try, which is definitely something! This is a national radio program, and then the interview gets published on the net as well. Since I don't believe we have that station in my area, I'm looking forward (and dreading) seeing the post.

It felt good to be in DC. The hotel (The Hamilton Crowne Plaza) was quite nice, the staff lovely (particularly the door men and the room service guy). I don't generally travel all that well. (I have a fatiguing illness that tends to kick up when I push myself hard to go on trips.) This time, however, I seem to be OK.

Only got to see about half of the sights I wanted to. There simply wasn't enough time and energy to go everywhere! Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial (currently being restored), Jefferson Memorial, WWII memorial, Holocaust Museum, etc. Have to admit the Holocaust museum was hard for me. Wound up getting caught up in the middle of a march about homelessness, which is really OK since, frankly, it is a charity dear to my heart. They were also having a Habitat for Humanity build on the National Mall, which I visited and took pictures of, because that too is one of my favorite charities.

Ate a lot at a terrific deli next door to the hotel. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it or I would recommend it here. (Sorry).

I am now back, and pooped, but ready to get back in the thick of things.

Movie quote of the day. "Ferris Bueller, you're my hero!"

Thought of the day: If, in order to win the war, you become what you are fighting, you have lost more than any war.

Best wishes.


Cie

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

HEY CIE! Nice to have you back! Hope you're feelin' all refreshed after the vacation... I'm looking forward to checking out the interview too.

Have a GREAT week!

Shawn said...

Glad youre back safe and sound! Sounds like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, sounds like you had a great time!
Jim