Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sad Day Today

I'm very sad today. I keep crying. Can't seem to help it.

You see, I had to have Algonquin my elegant elder kitty put down this morning.

There's some debate how old my beautiful girl was. Around twenty-something anyway. James remembers when we got her differently than I do. But she'd gotten very frail, and I could tell she was in pain, so it was time to say goodbye. But that isn't easy when you've spent so much of your life with her.

Sometimes knowing that something is the right thing to do doesn't make doing it any easier.

It may be a couple days before I stop by here again. Take care of yourselves until then.

Cie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im really sorry about your loss, i am a huge animal lover and i understand how much that can hurt.I hope you feel better soon...

Anonymous said...

((HUG))

I totally understand I had to do the same a year ago for my oldest furbaby too. He was 18 and I still miss him, and his littermater - his littermate passed away a week later the vet said it was from grief. But I still miss 'em.