Saturday, February 07, 2009

Thanks Guys!

Thanks guys!

Cathy got her copies from Amazon, and I really like the foiled cover. :)

So seriously, (well, not really, but SORT of seriously) would you like "minion" cards or some such? I want to reward people who actually do stop by the bog . . . um, I mean BLOG.

Let's see, what else. HMNNNNN, oh yeah. My son is healthy and happy. I'm working on getting back into the rhythm of writing. (I've been a bad, BAD girl). I changed my hair color drastically.

(For those of you who don't know me, this is one of the things that I do when I'm absolutely frustrated with my life. I think it's because it's something I can actually have control over when the rest of my life isn't. (Say, for example, when I want to move, but CAN'T yet. UGH!). But there you go. First I color it. Then I cut it. Then I do something weird like get fake nails in riveting red or some such, which is counterproductive because I can't type worth a damn with them, THEN I get a bunch of clothes in a totally different style. Right now I'm leaning toward going a bit goth, with fluffy stuff in black with plunging necklines for dress clothes and getting a bunch of smart assed tee-shirts, saying things like:

Good Morning is an oxymoron.
Don't get even -- get ODD.

Of course that is TOTALLY impractical for where I am living right now. I am in the buckle of the bible belt. And folks here take things like what you wear REALLY seriously. I've actually had more than one person say that they wouldn't hire a particular person because he has TATTOOS. (I have a tattoo. A small, tasteful little water lily. I stopped hiding it shortly thereafter. It raised a ruckus. I'm not sorry. I consider it a small protest.)

Interesting note. (At least interesting to me). People over 40 have been acting shocked by the hair color. People under thirty have been complimenting me. Why do you suppose that is? I mean, it's a color found in nature. It's not periwinkle blue or anything. (Although that might be fun, I think I'm a bit too old for it.) I didn't even go for black. Nope just a vivid auburn/red. Heck, it's even a very popular color right now. So, should I see if I can manage technology to the point where I post a picture sometime next week? (Which, at the rate I'm going will include a new haircut and my ravishing red nails. I'm SOOOOOOOOO frustrated right now.) Or should I wait until I get one of the daring goth blouses I'm thinking of ordering? HMMNN???

Yes, I know. Over 40. Bad ideas. All of them. Ah well . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I bet you it looks great. Anyway, I'd love to see pictures if you have the time to take some and post.