Thursday, January 20, 2005

A couple of things.

1) We just won an award for Hunter's Moon. It's a Critic's Choice award for a big Canadian site. Cathy and I went to lunch to celebrate. We are so stoked!

2) A friend of mine posted on her site how much she still loves her husband and talked about all the cool things he does. It makes me very, very happy for her. They've been together something like 18 years and are still crazy about each other. Then again, my parents have been together close to 60 years and are still completely in love, like, and "in love" with each other.

Which just goes to show it is possible. Who knows. Maybe someday I'll figure out how they do it. Or not. I really DO enjoy being alone. But sometimes, like now, I wonder....

4 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS are in order! That's TERRIFIC, because HUNTER'S MOON really DOES deserve awards galore!

And I do believe that people can be together for years and years and still have that wonderful sparkly feeling they used to get at the beginning. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience. My hubby and I have been together for almost nine years and have been married for over 5 years. Even after a child, we still have that wonderful connection that drew us together in the first place... love can be a wonderful thing, when it's with the right person.

Sorry about the rant, couldn't resist!

C. T. Adams said...

Don't be sorry! You're really lucky to have found somebody you can feel that way about and should shout it from the rooftops.

Normally I'm happier alone, but right now I'm feeling frustrated because while I'm not in a relationship, my adult son is back at home for a while and I don't have any really ALONE time or privacy. I love him so very much, but I feel like I'm losing my mind! Patience, patience...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award!
Being alone or being with someone, ah, it's all state of mind, don't stress about it, when it happens it'll happen, and then it will be worth it.....because until it's worth it, it's not worth it. Enjoy your time with James until he gets on his path.
Jimbo
P.S. 13 pages to go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cie, Cathy and Yolanda have a good weekend!