Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Buenos Nuevo Anos (Correct as needed including tilde)

Happy New Year!

Wow, the year went faster than I can even begin to convey. I mean . . . WOW.

The reason the greeting in the heading is in my abyssimal version of Spanish is that I am, at the moment, indulging in a Margarita. This is because I promised the folks at Waldenbooks I'd raise a glass in toast to them.

You see, as of 1/24 their store is closing, and as of 1/31 the merchandise unsold will be boxed and sent back.

It is a serious bummer and the end of an era.

This is the Waldenbooks that was the first to acknowledge us in the area, to treat us like real "authors" and not red-headed-step-children because of what we write. They took phone orders. They did up very nice signings. They actually kept our books in stock as local authors and presented us to people buying paranormal books.

So I am raising one or two glasses in their honor in the safety of my own home, in the company of my puppydog and pussycats.

Also, in toast to the folks at the local IGA whose store closed ABRUPTLY on the night of the 27th of December. I don't think they even got any warning.

And to everyone else who has lost their job. The economy sucks. I am sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

But enough gloom and doom. I do not want to start the year with weeping and wailing.

Cie

No comments: