Monday, December 08, 2008

Hi Yolanda! (Waves vigorously)

HI YOLANDA!!

Thanks for popping by. I never hear from anybody any more. My own fault. I've not been online as much and kept in touch. Basically because of deadlines, depression and various other d words. BAAAAAD Cie! Bad girl!

I am back from visiting Denver. The news is, as usual mixed. The semi-bad news is, I turned down the job before it was even offered. It was a "career" not a job. The kind of career that routinely takes 12-14 hour days. If that career is your goal in life, you go for it, because it's a great opportunity. But my writing is my career. So I need a good, solid 8-hour a day job with benefits. With the commute it ends up being between 10-11. Which still gives me a little time to write. 12-14 with commute would be 13-16 hours. I'd be too pooped to even sit at the keyboard. So while the employer was lovely, I had to say no. Which was harder than it sounds because I WANT TO GO BACK TO DENVER!

The good news is that Tor made us a lovely contract offer. We are accepting it. And I need to get started. Deadlines loom, etc. The money is such that I am feeling actually fairly secure. A very good thing.

I would write more, but Inkspot the infamous is doing his "oooh, it clicks" thing about the keyboard along with the "PET me, you KNOW you love me, PURRRRRR." It makes typing . . . awkward. So I'll move on. Best always. Please stop by again, and leave comments. I get lonely.

:)

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Sorry to hear that the job fell through, but hey, if it wasn't right for you, I totally understand.

Oh, and CONGRATS on the contract offer. I can't wait to hear more. :)

Have a great day!

PS. Don't be a stranger. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the contract! And like Yolanda I can't wait to hear more details.

As for the job, I know how that goes, beleive me I know! You will find what you need when you least expect it, I firmly beleive that!

Cat Hellisen said...

Congratulations on the contract offer. :D


The job thing sucks, but you most likely made the right decision. Instinct is a good thing.