Monday, January 19, 2009

Sigh

Hi Guys!

Back from a Monday at the day job.

I need to write. I need to work on the website. So many, many, things I need to do for writing and in real life. Unfortunately, I haven't got it in me at the moment. My head is just too full of . . . stuff. I can't seem to focus. Part of it is the remnants of allergy/asthma medication. Not good for clear headedness. Good for breathing (which is a habit I refuse to give up), but not good for clear-headedness.

Spent the weekend watching a marathon of the US version of Life on Mars. LOVED it. Oh, some of it was awkward enough that I cringed in embarassment -- but that meant that the actors did a good enough job to MAKE me cringe. Truly, though, my absolute favorite bit of acting was done by the guy who played his father in the episode where Sam finally has his birthday party. Seeing that transition from supposedly two-bit to seriously dangerous was impressive. Because he didn't overplay it. Small, tiny little changes in expression, tone of voice, gesture. Oh yeah. I bought it. And I felt bad because Sam had been fooled for all the right reasons. Brilliant acting on the part of the guy who played his dad. Also great work by the guy who played Sam, but his part was written more broadly, with less subtlety. And I, of course, am a sucker about good writing. Not that any of it was bad. That would be nit-picking. It was all great. Just that part hit me the most.

I also watched a bit of House. I have to admit, I got hooked on it while I was in Denver and they were having a "House" marathon. Oh to be so brilliant that you can get away with being an ass. I think I'm only saying that because I feel like I've had to compromise too much this past little bit. I would like to think I wouldn't/won't turn into a monumental ass. Or maybe I AM one and I just don't know. I do know that I'm not very good at dealing with people whose minds and attitudes appear to be set in concrete. And I can only slow down so far when dealing with people who don't understand. So maybe I am.

I dunno. I do know that I need to eat something that isn't all sugar. Between the meds I took and the chocolate I've indulged in my mind is buzzing, and not in a good way.

Toodles.


Cie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey i just wanted to tell you i love the new site!!....