Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Status. Depression. And Stuff

Okay. There's LOTS of good news. Book seems to be doing well in pre-orders. (And if you haven't yet, please do. First week sales are SOOOOOOOO important!)

I have a new kitchen table and it is lovely.

My sister has finished the quilt and is sending it. To say it is lovely is SUCH an understatement. I really, seriously, am having a hard time motivating myself to give it as a prize. Cathy and I have discussed it, and we will probably have it as a prize at RT. We're on the faery court and it probably is the best giveaway and would give the quilt the best exposure. Because I want EVERYBODY to see this. Which is why I will be posting pictures everywhere when it arrives.

My sis is the BEST!!

The book is coming along. Slower than I'd like, but there you go. They frequently do. Have lots of nice people who have agreed to do quotes, which is lovely as well.

The fedoras are starting to roll in from EBay. Which means I'll need to be making a post office run in a week or so for those who are enrolling in the Order of the Fedora.

I am still accepting posse members. If anyone feels inclined, send "PICK ME PICK ME" in the re to catadamsfans@gmail.com and have your snail mail address in the body of the e-mail so that I can send you your hand-made (by my own two little hands, computer and printer, oh, and pre-fabbed laminator cards) membership card with your not-too-terribly insulting nickname.

I am headed to a couple of cons. I will be bringing my gray fedora with the peacock feather, for those who will be looking for me. :) When I am hatted, feel free to approach. When I am not, I'm probably in a panel or something where I can't be interrupted. If I am in the bar, join me. :)

I am dealing with depression. It's hormonal. I know that. There are some situational things, but they're not huge. However knowing why you're depressed is like knowing HOW you broke your leg. It doesn't really change the reality of it. So, if I sound bummed, please just roll with it.

Everybody have a great day! Long live Johnny Depp. Long live the FEDORA!!!! RAWR!!!!

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Hey Cie...you don't sound too bad. Like most women, I too suffer from depression but I have a great support system. It's hard to handle on your own. Do you have any pets? I've found when I'm on my own and feeling down my dogs help alot. Also, I enjoy watching the hummingbirds fight for their sugar water. The males try to chase the females off but "we" don't let them. lol. Hang in there girl.

C. T. Adams said...

I have LOTSA pets. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me sane!

Thanks!

Cie