Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Status Check

Friday Status Check

Okay, I have officially fallen off of the wagon and bruised my touchis. Frustrated, depressed, overwhelmed, and angry with myself because I've done a couple things that are really stupid---not irretrievable, but definitely stupid. Screwed up the checkbook; offended somebody I like a lot; am behind on everything to the point of panic and still exhausted. Part of that is probably mental.

On the positive side. I've been doing pretty well on the diet thing. Not perfect, but pretty well.

Our new editor loves the photo that was the inspiration for the new series, and wants to get in touch with the artist. (WOOT!!!! Major terrific art!!!)

Agent only suggested minor changes to the two proposals before they go out and are shopped to publishers, so WOOT again.

One of our checks is winging its way to the agent. Woot the III.

I have people who love me. I have animals who love me. I have achieved one of my biggest lifetime goals. I actually AM an award winning, multi-published author of book length fiction. (That was the way I worded it on my goal list ten years ago. How cool is that?)

I wish I was more socially adept, but I'm not, and I have apologized for the flipping serious faux pas I made that offended the hell out of someone. Either they'll forgive me or not. I cannot control that. I wish I didn't screw up my finances every time I get exhausted, overstressed and hormonal, but at least I have savings to transfer over. (Well, HAD savings, but hey, I set it aside for an emergency, and POOF, there was one. LOL). But I am close to 50. I can make changes, and do and will. But it isn't EASY. And that's OKAY.

I am still not living in the location where I want to be, but that's okay. I have a home, and jobs, a lot of folks don't have one, the other, or both. The move will happen in God's time. I just have to be patient. God's plans are perfect. Mine (see above) are obviously not. So faith, patience, perseverence are called for. I'll scrounge some up. I'm sure there's some stored in here somewhere. Almost positive of it. LOL

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better. (Famous old mantra, but if it works, use it. If it doesn't, who is it hurting? Not me!)

5 comments:

Suzette said...

God is good Cie, so have faith!! Take care, love

Tammy said...

((HUG))

Been there done that with checkbook, always a lot of fun - NOT!!

Try and get some rest, here fall is just starting to make itself known and it's peaceful looking outback at the woods.

Dolly said...

BIG HUG.

My week has not gone well either. We've been preoccupied. My husband's sister's husband was dying of cancer at the age of 45. He passed away this morning, God rest his soul. Now hubby has to fly up for the funeral. Not to be a downer for the rest of you but you're right Cie, God has his plans. I am blessed.

C. T. Adams said...

My Condolences Dolly. Hang in there!

Tammy said...

My condolences Dolly ((HUG))