Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm THIS Close . . .

I'm THIS close . . .
Okay, I got to blow up a plane today in the book. Tomorrow I should be able to finish the first draft. Monday beefing up and checking up revisions before it goes to Cathy for her edit pass. YAY. Tired, but it's a good tired.

DUMB observation -- Do you ever see these folks wearing the high fashion stuff and wonder if they actually feel like idiots in it, and they're pulling a 'tude to compensate or so everybody doesn't guess?

I'm serious. Saw the picture of the female rapper in skin tight pleather underwear and a kind of cross between a bustier and a jacket with big fluffy faux fur lapels and I'm going. Okay -- is she going to be freezing in winter because she goes out in the underwear, or roasting in summer with the faux fur, or is she just trying to dress for any eventuality? And ohmiGOD would you look at the shoes? Can anyone actually WALK in those? Particularly when they're wearing black mirrored shades (possibly at night?)?

I don't have the body to pull that sort of thing off, but even if I did. No. Just, so, no.

Same with some of the stuff on the catwalks. I look at it and go, You have GOT to be kidding me. And you want me to pay WHAT? Unh unh. Nowaybaby.

So, I guess I've gotten old, and am a stick in the mud. I used to wear the 3 and 4 inch heels when I was young. It's how I got my bunions.

No comments: