Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

It's early Thanksgiving morning, and I wanted to post something special for my family.

Thank you!

Everything good I am, have been or will be can be traced directly back to my parents, my siblings, and my son. They taught me the meaning of real love. I am able to take the risks I need to in this life because I KNOW, absolutely, that you're there and that even if it doesn't make sense to you, and drives you crazy, you will sigh, shake your head, and wait to see how it works out for me. You're there to congratulate me when I succeed; and there to help piece my life back together when I don't.

You've taught me that if you can laugh at something every day you can get through it, and that there's something to laugh about just about everywhere. You've taught me that you can be tough without being hard or cruel (and that I'd damned well better be! :) ) I've learned from you that consistent hard work pays off, slow and steady is good; but fast and steady is better. You don't have to be perfect, just do your best Money can't buy happiness -- but life can be a real pain in the butt without it. But even when it's a pain in the butt, it's ok. Because there are people who love you and will help you get through it.

I've learned from my family not to judge people by the amount of money in their bank account, or the status of their job. You judge a person by what they do, what they believe in, and how they behave. In short -- their character. (And in our family, there are some *real* characters. :) )

I think I may be on the cusp of success. If I manage it, take a bow, because you're the ones who got me here. If I don't, I'll keep laughing, and keep trying, because that's what we do.

Cie

No comments: