Monday, November 08, 2004

Trying again :)

Good news, Hunter's Moon ships in 22 days (WOO HOO). The website is getting lots of hits. We got contacted by another Australian bookseller wanting to highlight our book in their catalogue and asking for us to list them as having the book available on our website. (Which we are happy to do). All the reviews thus far have been dynamite, which is so very cool.

The anthology with Mind Games is coming out on the same day that Hunter's Moon ships, which is cool also. I'm not thrilled with the cover, but you can't win them all. Cathy likes it. I think I'm just too Catholic to be comfortable with the pentagram, particularly since my story at least has absolutely nothing to do with any religion (Christian or non-Christian).

Neutral news -- Kate needs tweaking to make the romance more integral to the plot. Frustrating, but Cathy and I discussed some things and she's going to work on it. I think the reason that this book fought us so hard was that it was never really intended to be romantic, but more horror. So we had to go back and stir that in and it didn't work as well as I would like. I'm just not really a romantic type of person, so that part is very hard for me. Still working on the names too as "Deadly Rapture" just doesn't do it for me, or Cathy either for that matter.

Bad news -- can't go visit the family for Thanksgiving. Ah well, maybe Christmas. By then the book will have been out a bit...

Good News -- the manuscript I'm working on is rolling along nicely, which makes me very happy. I don't know if it's any good. It could be absolute dreck. But it's in my head and insists on being written, so write it I will. It is much darker than most of the stuff we've put out so far, so it may have to appear under a different name. Or not. We'll see. If it's total dreck it may just get filed in the cabinet for review and revision later. Or filed in the round file.


Everybody have a great day.

Cie

No comments: