Thursday, April 06, 2006

Life, the Universe, and Everything

Greetings all!

Day 3.

Yesterday was great. Got about halfway on the edits for Howling. Yeah, they were extensive. Kind of a bummer. But when I consider where we were in terms of Cathy was sick, I was sick, my job sucked, and that book was pure hell to write, I'm refusing to beat myself up about it. Just get the job done and move on. It certainly could have been worse.

I don't miss the day job. I'm trying not to miss the steady paycheck. I know I'm doing the right thing, but it DOES make me nervous. I guess that means we have to get ya'll to BUY MORE BOOKS. ;)

Friday we go down to San Antonio for the SARA Conference. We'll see Anna there, which is seriously cool. Looking forward to it, but it means I need to get off my butt and WORK today. So just a couple more minutes then I'm back to it. I've decided to treat it just like I would the other job. I have to be butt in seat at 8:00 a.m.

I wish there was more to say, but there really isn't. So, I guess I'll call it a day and keep moving. Best wishes to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, maybe treat the writing job like your going to the office, and give yourself a schedule, you should be able to focus well since your down to one job and hopefully crank out the work, enjoy!
Jim

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Good luck with the edits! And yeah, treating it like a day job sure makes it easier to meet your own goals.

Have a GREAT day Cie!

How you doing Jim?

:)

Shawn said...

Have fun at the conference and good luck on the edits.