Friday, September 10, 2004

Lots of cool things!

Hi, all! Cathy here.

Well, today I'm going get back to editing Deadly Rapture. Had planned to start it yesterday, but I had agreed to write a series of small articles for a new kid's fishing magazine called FLW Outdoor for Kids that's premiering in 2005. She decided that she wanted to get all of them (eight issues) at once -- and, frankly, I could get all of the $$$ at once, too! Yay! It'll be an insert in the regular FLW Outdoors for the first year, and if it takes off, will become its own magazine in 2006. Naturally, I'm hoping it does well! If you happen to get this mag, keep a lookout for the articles and feel free to let me know what you think of them.

I'm going to be one of the first round judges for the RWA Futuristic, Fantasy & Paranormal chapter's "On the Far Side" manuscript contest. It's for unpublished authors. Sounds like fun!

I also saw a call-out for instructors for an on-line company called "CourseBridge." It would actually pay money, which would be nice for a change. Usually I teach for free .

Oh, we're also finishing up negotiations to do a couple of charity auctions of HUNTER'S MOON for the Laurell K. Hamilton fan club. One will be an autographed ARC and another is going to be something special that we don't think has ever been done before! Keep a lookout in the LKH Newsletter for details! It'll be done over Ebay and the proceeds will benefit Laurell's favorite charity, the Granite City Animal Shelter.

That's it for me for now. Have to go open the gate to let in the repairmen who are going to fix our irrigation well. Had to pen up the goats so they could get in. Yeah, we raise goats :) They're pretty cool! Here's a pic of our "kids" below.

Later!
Cathy

No comments: