Friday, April 22, 2005

Good GRIEF Charlie Brown

It's Friday again! WOW. OK. I'm feeling much better this morning. I may actually be able to act and think like a normal human (or as close as I ever get -- grin).

Next week is the conference, so I probably won't post (or not much). I've missed you guys, so I'm hoping you'll hang in there and I can get back in the swing of things.

On the weird book news front -- they're changing the cover art for Moon's Web. Buyers didn't like it. Something about "movement"? Their reasoning didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm obviously not a marketing guru AND I'm getting the info secondhand. But since they were going to cut their order in half (which they didn't when they heard the cover art would change -- and they indicated they might actually up their order) the Sales and Marketing Department at Tor decided to make the change. It's a good business decision. We have no objections. But it's frustrating since we did up a bunch of promotional items based on the old cover. (Anybody want a BUNCH of limited edition post cards? They're really quite beautiful.) We're going to be spending time at the hotel with our editor putting stickers over the unusable art work so that we can salvage the notebooks we did up for the conference. And just to show how cool a person our editor is, she's agreed to help! And we didn't even have to ply her with liquor. (Although we still might [grin]).

ANYWAY, I have to start packing. I'm excited about seeing my folks, even if it is for a very short visit! I love 'em and I miss 'em.


Well, I gotta get ready for work and pre-trip nonsense. But let's give three cheers for the editor -- HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! ALL HAIL ANNA THE COOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I think it was a good idea to change the cover art, I say that from an artist's persective, I know that cover art can definitely help sell a book and get the name out there, I can't wait to see the new design, how exciting. Yes, I would love some of the old artwork promo pieces, it's like the old Star Wars movie artwork that was out there for "Revenge of the Jedi" but then they changed the title to "Return of the Jedi" so the old stuff is colectible, so cool, you already have great collector's stuff out there, ha, ha! Yes, please save me some stuff, coolness. Glad you're feeling better today. Happy weeeknd. Have fun at the conference next week and seeing your parents.
Jim
Hi Yolanda!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Cie!

Sorry to hear about the artwork change... but hey, if you're looking for a home for an 'old' artwork postcard and notebook... I'm right here! ;)

Hope you have a good time but I'll miss your posts! Wish I was going too... if only there weren't so many oceans separating me from it!

Anyway, have a GREAT weekend and enjoy the conference, okay?

Hey Jim, how you doing?

I had trouble yesterday too, Blogget was doing some maintenance or something. But here I am now!

See Ya'll.