Thursday, April 21, 2005

Up Early

Hi!

I've missed posting a lot, so I got up early this morning so I could talk to you guys. It's wild. My symptoms have been back, so I've been sleeping a lot, and things have been very stressful and busy. (Generally in a good way, but still stressful) Most of my non online friends have been going "are you out there?" as well. I've even pissed off a few people because I've not gotten them information quickly enough or sound tired and grumpy. It's crazy. I'm doing the best I can, but right now that isn't all that great. Hopefully I'll get a little rest on the way to and from the conference. Then maybe I won't have to lean quite so hard on Cathy to get some of the business things done. Keep your fingers crossed. I really do want to pull my share of the responsibilities, but right now I'm just not.

Before I forget -- Yolanda, the pack mule is swimming. I hope you like it when you get it.

Jim -- I hope you like it. Still don't know about Lestat. Life is being... awkward. But I'll keep in touch.

On the good news front -- we're up for a BUNCH of awards for Hunter. Some are big, some are small. All are flattering.

We came up with a complete idea for a chick lit book at our signing. Cathy's already worked up a proposal for it. Frankly, I'm dropping it on the back burner until we can get Catherine, Antoine, the re-write on Kate and the line edits on Moon's Web out of my head. I generally can only have two active books in my head at one time -- particularly when I'm tired. I was very proud of myself to be able to deal with Catherine, Antoine and Kate at the same time. Adding in the line edits and the Chick Lit -- plus the daily dose of story ideas, I got a serious brain fry and so now I need to back off just a little. I wish I could multi-task like I used to -- and like a lot of other folks, but I just can't. All I can do is the best I can do.

St. Louis will be my first conference since we got published. (Went to a nice little writer's conference a number of years ago [a LARGE number] and learned a lot of nice things which I promptly forgot). I'm excited. I get to meet a couple of my favorite authors, and finally meet our agent and editor in real live person (as opposed to zombie I suppose). Going to meet a lot of folks I've only met online as well.

One day I'm trekking up to see my folks in central Illinois. I'd like a longer trip, but I just started my new job a few months ago, and I don't have a lot of vacation time. All that I have is being tied up with the two conferences. So I'm fitting in visits as best I can. I miss them.

Well, gotta run. Everybody have a great day. Wish us luck with the contests.

Cie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I tried to post last night, but the blogger wouldn't post my post (I also just posted in the previous blog entry here). The conference should be way fun for you, sounds like a riot meeting cool people! On a pertinent note, I'll be reading on vacation in a few weeks (going on family reunion fishing trip, and since I'm vegetarian, I won't be fishing, though I want to see the family, since there aren't many of us), so I'll be READING while they are fishing. So sorry about your health, what a drag, that's not good.
JImbo