Saturday, April 02, 2005

Good Morning

Hi! It's Saturday. I'm plugging away on the book this morning. I've been kind of slacking in that real life keeps interfering. But Cathy and I have talked out all these cool things that I don't want to "lose" in my head. (I sometimes have memory problems when I'm tired). So I need to get to it! I've cranked up the AC/DC and am moving on it. I'm writing at the office because (a) the boss said I can anytime I need to and (b) I don't want to wake up James on his day off by cranking the stereo because I would end up not writing again.

In the news, it appears the Pope is dying. As a Catholic I (Cie) am very sad about it in one way, and not in another. I know this sounds peculiar to most people. (Most people seem to be saying "I want to go to heaven, but not NOW!") But for a person with as much faith as he must have, it's simply moving from one room in another in your eternal life. I mean, you don't screech in terror about "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO GO TO THE KITCHEN!!!!" Death is a part of life, inevitable from birth. And going quietly at the end of a long and productive life just doesn't seem so terrible to me. In part, no doubt, because I really, truly believe there's an eternal life that is better. I realize that this is a VERY unusual view, and I don't expect any of you to share it, but I thought I'd just state my POV. I do worry about who they will choose as his replacement. The wrong person at the head of a church can be a disaster. But this, like most things, is something completely beyond my control.

Alas, talking to y'all is NOT getting my pages out. So, I'm off for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I certainly intend to!


Cie

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Enjoy your weekend 'plugging' away, huh?

I'm spending the weekend with my family. Haven't been able to do that in years, so it's a welcome change.

I'll continue with my revisions on Monday but NEED to write something new and fresh - my mind and fingers are aching to!

:)

See Ya!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.