Saturday, February 05, 2005

Cats and Love

I love my cats. I really do. And they love me too. I know this for a lot of reasons. Most of them are good and involve snuggling and purring. Some other ways cats show affection, however, are less of a joy to me. These include:

Hi Mom, I killed something and I want to share. Aren't you proud! (not inside, thank goodness).
Mom, I want you to pay attention to me NOW, so I'm going to walk on the keyboard and make the computer make funny noises.
Hi Mom, I want to sniff you and want you to sniff me HERE.
Hi Mom, I want to show how much you mean to me, so rather than leave the room I'll go to the nearest litter box and make the maximum stinky mess I can.
Hi Mom, I want to be with you, so I'll burst open the bathroom door in front of all the company.

"What," you ask, does this have to do with writing. Not a darned thing. But some of it is covered by what has been happening with the little darlings this morning while I've been trying to write. And no, shutting them out of the office doesn't work. Unless, of course, I loved the sound of wailing animals acting like they're undergoing torture who will leave little "presents" for me outside the door if I keep them out.

And people wonder why I have a hard time getting things done.

No comments: