Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happy Sunday

Writing is trickier than it looks. (Of course I would say that, I'm a writer.) Seriously, though, if you write characters that are going to act like "real" people with "real" motivations they're going to want to wander off and do their own thing and not necessarily follow the plot you've mapped out for them. If you change one thing, it causes a domino effect. Very tricky. Makes consistency a real bear. Add on top of that multiple books in a series format and you have to keep track of weird little things that you can have forgotten about. ("Oh hell, what's the scent for fear again? How 'bout jealousy? Oh, and did you say what kind of car Tony is driving now?") You get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's not easy.

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I totally agree Cie!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%, character development and keeping their personalities separate, consistent and believeable is majorly difficult.
Jimbo