Saturday, February 12, 2005

Writing Today

Hi guys! Writing today. Still a little sore and stiff. (Oh, who am I kidding, still REALLY sore and stiff). But hey, considering the German judge only took of .2 points for foot position (otherwise it was a perfect dive ;) ) I'm lucky to be moving around at all. Heck, I'm lucky I didn't break my foolish neck. Years and years of roller skating taught me how to fall (oh, and I drink my milk -- it does a body good!).

Anyway, James is at work, the cats are (thus far) behaving, so I am at the computer. I'm working on Cat. It's actually coming along fairly well. Not perfectly mind you, but better than I would've expected. It is, however, going to be weird writing a holiday themed book in the spring and summer.

I don't know if I posted this before, but the middle book for 2006 is not going to be Lucas after all (we'll tell his story, but it will be later). Instead, we'll be in Europe with Antoine (a cougar who is on the Sazi Council and is one of the infamous Monier siblings). The publisher really wanted the middle book to be a stand alone and not part of the Tony books or the Boulder pack series. So Cathy and I have been having a wonderful time in the mornings discussing all of the things I knew in my head about Antoine (before he was always a background character) and some things we hadn't previously explored. We've come up with the plot, a couple of serious subplots, the evil villain(s), and generally gotten it ready for her to start the first chapter. Cathy is going to be the primary on that one. I'm very excited about it, and since Cathy and I are both operating in the same reality I'm not having continual brain farts trying to travel between worlds. (Good thing too, that sort of thing makes me SOOOOO grumpy).

You'll get your first glimpse of Antoine in Moon's Web in August (Keep an eye out for him).

Jim, I hope Mardi Gras was a hoot. I read that it wasn't as crowded as usual because it came early in the year this year. If you get a chance, post a little comment about it. I'm hoping to go next year and would like to know the best things to do (and not). Yolanda, I'm hoping the remodel is moving along swimmingly. Everybody and anybody else who stops by, feel free to comment. I get lonely. :)

Later guys.

Cie

1 comment:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Cie,

It's very exciting hearing about your writing progress! Can't wait to read them all... ;)

Yeah, things are moving along with the renovations - the living room is looking pretty bare and ugly at the moment. We've been running around like crazy trying to make sure everything fits in nicely. The first thing that will be done is the tiling - tomorrow!

Then the painting...

Oh, it's gonna be a tiring week.

Keep enjoying your weekend. And don't get lonely! Hope others decide to post, but if not, you've always got Jim and I!

By the way - HOWDY JIM!