Saturday, December 18, 2004

Here we go...

Hi Guys!

Getting ready for another signing. It's about an hour away by car, which will give Cathy and I time to discuss some of the career decisions coming up. Could be a lively trip. We both have very strong opinions -- and they don't always mesh. BUT the good news is that we work well together and when we do finally hash things out it works out better than either individual plan would have (at least I think so).

One thing I worry about (and Cathy constantly tells me I'm silly -- but hey, I'll admit it, I'm insecure) is that we won't get a chance to expand the Sazi world to include viewpoints from more and different characters. If everything comes from Tony's viewpoint Cathy will do all the primary writing. That would have me being left out of the loop in my own world which would hurt. A lot. I want us to be marketable and successful, but I do believe there's room for huge growth. BUT I trust Cathy. I don't think she'll let that happen. We just have to find the right way to move forward and our agent will help us to do it right.

Gotta go curl my hair. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you at the signing today!
Jim
P.S. Don't worry, be happy!
P.P.S.S. Thank you!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

GOOD LUCK for the signing! I hope you both have a great time... too bad I live halfway across the world and can't attend! :(

I think switching viewpoints to other characters in the Sazi would be a TERRIFIC idea... and I hope that it happens with your series. I mean, Kelley Armstrong's done it quite successfully with her Otherworld series, so I hope you guys get the opportunity too...

I'm itching to get my hands on your book. If only every day life wouldn't keep me from reading it at the moment!

Well, best of luck. I have to get ready for work now. I know, on a Sunday, having to go to work really sucks. But such is life, and it's only a part-time job so I'll be back home by mid-afternoon.

See Ya,
Yolanda... :)