Friday, December 17, 2004

Thanks Everybody

I want to thank everybody for the condolences. The support is appreciated. Hi Yolanda! So cool that you're actually getting to read our book in Australia. I LOVE the thought that people all over the world are getting to see our work. Just so cool! And I love the internet, where I can actually "meet" and talk to people from different places and cultures.

Cathy googled us and found a couple of discussion boards talking about the book. We joined in and chatted with folks. It's not only fun, but a great way to find out what people like, and don't like about the world. While some things are set for the world and the books, I think it's important to get a "read" what people want and think about your characters, etc. We want to entertain, make people happy, take them away from the hum drum for a little while. If they think about real issues, so much the better. I, for one, do not want to be clubbed up the side of the head with somebody else's view of "how things should be," so we won't be doing that to others. (Sort of the golden rule as applied to writing.)

Probably not going to make the bestseller's list unless the word of mouth goes insane. Kind of a bummer, but not a surprise considering the holidays. I never thought I'd be able to say that the Grinch stole my Christmas listing. (wink).

Gotta get back to work. Take care and have a great day everybody.

Cie

1 comment:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Cie,

I have to agree with you about the internet, especially for a country like Australia that sometimes seems so far away from the rest of the world, the internet brings everyone that little closer!

I'm glad you both found the message boards talking about your book. I guess that means I'll be able to chat with you at the Katie MacAlister message board...

Fingers crossed for the best seller list!

Hope you have a TERRIFIC weekend, and it sure is great meeting you...

See ya next time,
Yolanda... :)