Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Philosophy of Life

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

A friend of mine, Diane Bales, sent me the above as part of a Christmas message. Today, at least, it describes pretty well my philosophy... except, of course, I drink screwdrivers not martini's. But hey, other than that, it's a great quote. :D

Another one I like is by Albert Einstein:

Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.

Albert Einstein, quoted in New York Times, March 13, 1940US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Now admittedly Al was a weird guy with zippo fashion sense (and no hairbrush), but wowsa what a mind! From everything I've read he had a sense of humor too. He's on my list of people I'd like the chance to get to talk to if we all hang around after our trip on earth in a form that keeps us as separate individuals. I couldn't keep up mind you. But then, I figure he's probably gotten used to talking to people who can't.

No comments: