Sunday, December 26, 2004

Let's See -- Some Answers

Hi Guys! Hope you're all happy and well. I figured I'd answer a couple of questions.

Yolanda -- The website for the Horror Writers Assoc. is: http://www.horror.org/. It has all kinds of information, and an e-mail address where people actually respond to your question. Hope you've checked into the RWA Online. They are such cool people!

Jim -- Moon's Web should be able to stand on its own merits. I really don't think you need to read the first one first. (However, I have to admit I encourage everybody to read everything just... well just CAUSE). Seriously, they can drop into the second book without missing step in my opinion. But just in case (aw darn) you'll get a peek at the first couple chapters when we get the new website up. (And who knows, we may do a charity thing for an ARC [Advance Review Copy] like we did last time.)

Anyway, wishing everybody happy holidays. I'm off to get cat food for Algonquin. (Onyx's "wife/mate" our female cat)

OOOOHHH I almost forgot!!! We're up for a Lambda Literary Award, in romance. They apparently acknowledge the best portrayals of gay, lesbian and bi-sexuals in writing. I guess Linda's having her own influence. (BIG grin). I think that's really cool because, honestly, we WANT to be fair to all of our characters and be open-minded and not be judgmental. If they thought enough of us to give us a nod, it means we did a good job. WHOO HOO!

Anyway, be safe, be happy (and Jim, be sure to use your sunscreen. Actually, you too Yolanda. It's summer down there, isn't it?).

Best wishes.

Cie

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Cie!

Firstly I have to tell you that I'm totally hooked on HUNTER'S MOON. I'm not getting through it as quickly as I would like because of the holiday stuff, but everytime I sit down and read a little more it sucks me in further. You guys have crafted a wonderful story and great characters... and I'm only halfway through it. I can't wait to see how it all comes out!

Thanks for the website. I'll have to check both the HWA and the RWA, I just haven't had a chance yet.

So MOON'S WEB is the second book, huh? OMG, can't wait for that one! YAY!

CONGRATS on the latest nomination, that's so GREAT!

Yeah, it's summer down here but you wouldn't know it by the weather we're having lately. Too much rain and overcast sky that refuses to clear - URGH! :(

Anyway, have a GREAT day!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Oh, forgot to ask you. How's YOU SLAY ME going? Are you enjoying it?