Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday guys! How's it going?

I tried to post yesterday and it didn't. (Computer glitch) OKay though because it was a really boring and uninformative post.

OK first the litany of complaints. I'll just get 'em out of the way and you can skip this paragraph -- UGH. The body is acting up. Not hugely, but enough to be a serious pain in the a... patootie. I'm behind on EVERYTHING. I can't afford to be feeling lousy. BUT I am.

THE GOOD NEWS IS I'M WRITING AGAIN. Cathy and I had this long discussion about all the different projects over the trip to San Antonio and I got really inspired. WHOO HOO!!!

More good news that is kinda weird to me, but flattering as hell. Someone from one of the boards actually tried to come to the signing! (Thanks SO MUCH) That is seriously cool. The person even brought their video camera and wanted to catch film of us signing the books. It's amazing to me that anybody actually would care. I mean it's just ME for heaven's sake! Well, me and Cathy. But you get the gist. I am SO not complaining -- but I have to admit to being confused.

Was looking for an old scene that we may be raiding for one of the books. Found lots of pages out of that version of that manuscript, still looking for the right computer file for the scene. Saw that I wrote that book (which is WAY down the road in the Sazi series as originally envisioned) back in 1997. WHOA... I'm feeling OLD. But at the same time I'm so incredibly happy because I'M GETTING TO LIVE THE LIFE I'VE DREAMED OF SINCE I WAS ABOUT THREE! How many people actually get to do that? Yeah, I worked my BUTT off (not that you'd be able to tell from the size of the silly thing) for a LONG time to get here. But it was SOOOOOO worth it. I keep telling my son that dreams do come true -- but you have to be willing to work for them and really look at what you're willing (and not willing) to do.

Another note of, well, note... DREAMS CAN CHANGE. It's OK if things that looked spectacularly cool at 15 don't look all that cool at 45. You shouldn't trap yourself into sticking with something that doesn't make you happy any more. Things change, people change. Now, don't get me wrong. If you have responsibilities, you have to meet them or face the consequences (not the least of which is feeling really crappy about yourself). But you can meet them while you use your "free" time and energy to move your life in the direction you want to go.

As a single mom I had a responsibility to my son when he was little. In order to meet those responsibilities I worked multiple jobs. My writing took place at 4:30 or 5:00 A.M. while he was still asleep. It was hard. But it was absolutely worth it. And the fruits of that work have finally arrived. WHOOO HOOO!!!!

OK, that was quite the ramble. Very "up on my soap box" and rah rah. But I believe in people. I believe in hard work. I PARTICULARLY believe in hard working people.

Have a great day. I'm off to write. (GRIN)

Cie

1 comment:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Cie!

How you going?

Couldn't post yesterday, Blogger wasn't letting me for some reason.

Hope all is well with you and I'll speak to you later!

Great post, by the way.

See Ya!