Thursday, March 31, 2005

Pondering List

Hi guys! We'll see if Blogger has things running smoothly again. They were having fits for a while which made it impossible to save my posts or for you guys to make comments. But I'm thinking they've got it fixed. (At least that's the hope.)

I don't know how many of you liked Pinky & the Brain, but I loved it. The pondering list was priceless. I actually have a written version of the entire list saved somewhere that some sweet soul compiled. Then again, I also have this whole file of jokes which I send to my mother when there's nothing much to say.

WHICH REMINDS ME. Yes, I know that the whole virus thing got to be huge, but I MISS JOKES. They make the work day just a little easier to get through. Now I don't mean we should waste hours and hours (like one of my former co-workers did) enrolling in every joke site on the net, but the occasional e-mail to brighten things up? Definitely. I don't think I'll ever really understand the destructive tendency that makes people want to create viruses that screw with complete strangers. I guess its the "power rush" thing, but I don't "get it." It is on the (ever growing) list of things Cathy is keekping - "Things Cie doesn't understand and nobody will ever really be able to explain to her." Right up there with beautiful messages that end in a threatening chain letter message that spoils the whole da**ed thing. I love chocolate, but I wouldn't want it rammed down my throat. Don't get it. Will never get it. Have to let it go.

One of the complaints we've gotten from a few people is that we don't "redeem" our hero. He doesn't feel as though he needs it. It's like the old joke about "How many shrinks does it take to change a lightbulb?" The answer - "One, but it takes a VERY long time and the lightbulb has to WANT to change." If we're going to be realistic and have the types of characters who are "people" with faults and problems, not everybody is going to conform to the social norms. Some will. Some just won't.

Find I don't have much more to say that doesn't have me staying on my soapbox (which neither of us needs). Maybe more will occur to me later. But thanks for popping by.

Cie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to let you know I'll be off-line for awhile. Have a good week, I'm off to Las Vegas! I'll be back on-line next week at some point.
Jimbo

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know I'll be off-line for awhile. Have a good week, I'm off to Las Vegas! I'll be back on-line next week at some point.
Jimbo

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Yay! I can actually post!

;)

I don't know what was going on, but here I am again.

Hope you're feeling better Cie. I agree with you about the 'virus' thing, it just makes no sense!

Have FUN Jim!

Catch up with you later Cie.

Yolanda Sfetsos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Ooooooops, what's going on with Blogger???????

Sorry it went through twice!